Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
jioptret, 30 September 2024, 10:23
For those of you who have outsourced software development before, what are some best practices you swear by? I’m looking to start soon and want to avoid common pitfalls. Would love to hear tips, especially from people with experience working with both local and international teams.

jioptret
anthonydrowow, 30 September 2024, 10:46
Outsourcing can be such a great way to scale your business, but it definitely has its challenges. One thing I’ve learned from experience is to always start with a small project or trial period. This way, you can test how well your outsourcing partner communicates, handles deadlines, and delivers quality work. There’s a great blog about how to successfully outsource software development I stumbled upon here that talks about outsourcing best practices in detail. It emphasizes setting clear expectations upfront and establishing frequent communication—both of which are crucial! Make sure to create detailed project guidelines and set up regular check-ins to track progress. You might find the blog super useful as it covers all the major concerns you might face.

anthonydrowow
maupmiup43, 30 September 2024, 11:34
Oh wow, this is super helpful—thank you! I’ve been trying to figure out the best practices for outsourcing, and I think starting with a small project or trial period is a great idea. I’ll definitely check out the blog you mentioned. It seems like it’s packed with practical advice on setting expectations and managing communication, which is something I’ve been needing. I’ve been hesitant to outsource because of the unknowns, but this looks like a solid guide to get started. I’ll read through it and hopefully it’ll clear up some of the questions I’ve had!

maupmiup43
Post a reply